[Discuss-gnuradio] Decoding GSM uplink signals

From: Miguel Sanz
Subject: [Discuss-gnuradio] Decoding GSM uplink signals
Date: Fri, 30 Sep 2011 16:49:19 +0200

I wonder if any of you guys knows a method to decode uplink GSM signals. I have previoulsy used Airprobe to decode downlink signals, but it does not work with uplink signals. I was using the following scheme:

My approach is to modify gsm-receiver block to adapt it to uplink and to frequency hopping, and I think that I can solve this issue. But when it comes to decode the signals...I do not have any idea on how to change gsmdecode to decode uplink signals. I also wonder if Wireshark is capable to do that.

Any idea/advise?