Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Getting the API version at compile time

From: Peter Massam
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Getting the API version at compile time
Date: Thu, 13 Oct 2011 02:42:56 -0700 (PDT)

The approach that I used is similar, but I thought I'd mention it because it
only relies on the installation and not on having the source code (I'm using
a Ubuntu package).  The newer version supports the UHD drivers and there is
an install directory for the headers, so I added the following to my

USRP_API_VERSION=$(shell if test -d /usr/local/include/uhd ; then echo
NEW_USRP_API ; else echo OLD_USRP_API ; fi ;)

I used the USRP_API_VERSION variable in a "-D" compiler option.

Thanks for the suggestions, which led to the solution I adopted.