Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Two new projects on CGRAN

From: Tom Rondeau
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Two new projects on CGRAN
Date: Sun, 16 Oct 2011 20:30:49 -0400

On Sun, Oct 16, 2011 at 5:52 PM, Marcus D. Leech <address@hidden> wrote:
I've added two of my projects to CGRAN:   simple_ra and gr_iqtx

simple_ra is intended as an ultimate replacement for gr-radio-astronomy--it's based on GRC.

https://www.cgran.org/wiki/simple_ra

Great, Marcus, thanks!

If this replaces gr-radio-astronomy, should we take that out of the tree? We were going to have to update it for UHD use fore 3.5, anyways.

Tom

gr_iqtx is conceptually similar to the UHD 'tx_samples_from_file' example, but with graphical bits, and it also does things on the receive
 path, to act as a kind of engineering monitor.  I developed this as a "quicky" for someone in Denmark who's running a DAB+ broadcasting
 service, and was having some problems.  It grew to the point where it was a real project, so I put it up on CGRAN.  Among other things,
 the RX-side baseband is copied to an external FIFO, and there's a C program, "cadence" that is used to measure the timing cadence of
 the DAB/DAB+ "frames".  The stats computed by "cadence" are fed-back into the flow-graph and displayed in an "analysis" pane.  It also
 includes a coarse "premphasis" equalizer to compensate for the band-shape produced by the interpolator on the USRP hardware--it can
 be turned on or off.  It also includes the ability to inject a pair of narrowband tones, offset from either band edge, to aid in transmitter
 diagnosis.  The idea behind the structure is that one might "plug in" different types of analysis tools (even another Gnu Radio flow-graph)
 to provide signal-quality statistics for whatever modulation/packetizing/etc scheme is in use.  Very much geared towards the broadcast
 industry, but who knows how it might evolve?

https://www.cgran.org/wiki/gr_iqtx

Cheers

--
Marcus Leech