Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] gr_delay

From: Marcus D. Leech
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] gr_delay
Date: Wed, 02 Nov 2011 22:20:34 -0400

On 11/02/2011 09:48 PM, Johnathan Corgan wrote:
On Wed, Nov 2, 2011 at 18:41, Marcus D. Leech <address@hidden> wrote:
Also, I wonder whether it has anything to do with the fact that it's a gr_sync_block, and not a gr_sync_decimator.  The FIR filters are all
  gr_sync_decimators, and perhaps the block executors treatment of them and their history setting is the main difference here.

I don't think it matters.  Grepping the tree to find out what code pays attention to d_history member in the block class turns up...very little aside from the initial block construction sequence (creating buffers, etc.)

OK, so here's a new attemp, with dynamic selection of taps for the FIR filter.  It also appears to not work.  Only filter taps that exist on
  startup are working properly.  Gulp.

Marcus Leech
Principal Investigator
Shirleys Bay Radio Astronomy Consortium