[Discuss-gnuradio] USRP purchasing recommendation

From: Martin Flasskamp
Subject: [Discuss-gnuradio] USRP purchasing recommendation
Date: Fri, 04 Nov 2011 11:08:52 +0100

Hello all,

I want to set up a demonstrator system for wireless communication
between two USRP devices. Some weeks ago, Matthias Wilhelm proposed the
UCLA Zigbee implementation as a good starting point because of its
complete and robust code.

Now I reached the point that I want to buy two identical USRP devices
for testing. Which platform is suitable to handle Zigbee and which
platform will get the best support in the future?
I think the USRP1 is outdated and there is no ongoing software
development for this platform?
So, which one should I buy? N200 or E100 Series? Which Model?

Best regards,

Martin