Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] dynamically changing delay in gr_delay (or histor

From: Marcus D. Leech
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] dynamically changing delay in gr_delay (or history in any gr_block)
Date: Tue, 15 Nov 2011 15:05:31 -0500

On 15/11/2011 3:00 PM, Achilleas Anastasopoulos wrote:
I made a simple example with a cosine and a delayed version of that
going through
a multiplier, and observing the output together with a slider that
changes the delay dynamically.
However i do not see any change (eg, elimination of the dc component
when delay ~ pi/2).

Looking at the code of the block gr_delay it shows that the delay can
dynamically change
and this results essentially in a call to set_history() in gr_block.
Looking further into the set_history() method, it sets the private
variable d_history.

The question is: does the dynamic change of history have any effect in gr_block?
What happens in the guts of the block when d_history changes?
and why don't i see any effect in the example above?

thanks
Achilleas
I ran into the exact same thing a couple of weeks ago. It has to do with the deep-structure of the schedule, and Jonathan Corgan had
  indicated he was going to look into it.

The weird thing is that FIR filters do the same thing when you change the number of tapes (muck with d_history), but they actually
  *work* dynamically after you change them.