Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] raised cosine filter taps implementation

From: Martin Braun
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] raised cosine filter taps implementation
Date: Thu, 17 Nov 2011 09:50:12 +0100

On Wed, Nov 16, 2011 at 10:07:23PM +0000, Nowlan, Sean wrote:
> More in general, is there a reason why the CPM modulator in the gr-digital
> package generates its own filter taps instead of using the functions in
> gr_cpm?

All of the modulators from digital_cpmmod_bc use the taps from gr_cpm,
so that's fine--however, you could argue that gr_cpm belongs into
gr-digital.

> Also, it seems that gr_cpm has other filters implemented through the
> phase_response function that belong in gr_firdes (which I assume stands for
> FIR design).

Personally, I would not like to see that happen. firdes already has a
lot of stuff which could be somewhere else (like window functions, which
have other uses than filter design) and the CPM phase response taps are
really specific and belong close to the appropriate modulator.

MB
--
Karlsruhe Institute of Technology (KIT)
Communications Engineering Lab (CEL)