[Discuss-gnuradio] Puzzle about pure visual functions in UHD

From: baobaonanpo D
Subject: [Discuss-gnuradio] Puzzle about pure visual functions in UHD
Date: Mon, 21 Nov 2011 16:53:19 +0800

Dear madam/sir,
It is my great honor to appreciate your works about GNURadio and USRP.

When I try to use the UHD driver,when I read the source code I have puzzle about the use of the pure visual function for examples send(),
    virtual size_t send(
const send_buffs_type &buffs,
size_t nsamps_per_buff,
const tx_metadata_t &metadata,
const io_type_t &io_type,
send_mode_t send_mode,

double timeout = 0.1
) = 0;

The URL: http://files.ettus.com/uhd_docs/doxygen/html/classuhd_1_1tx__streamer.html#aeb2e0f44810693d9da99ea1e04fad21f

The function send is a pure virtual function and I can not find it is to be overridden anywhere else so I can not understand how it can to be
called by other functions and send the message.

For example:
//send a single packet
size_t num_tx_samps = tx_stream->send(
buffs, samps_to_send, md, timeout
);
from the programe tx_burst.cpp

I use the USRP2 and do not burn the SD card so can not use debug tools to see how it works.
I am so appreciate if you can give me a hand!

Best Regards!

Sent by:Ding Yuzhen from Beijing,China