Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] CYGWIN/X gnuradio

From: S Haque
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] CYGWIN/X gnuradio
Date: Mon, 21 Nov 2011 09:12:07 -0500

Thank you! I would think that feature will now allow the use of a multicore, many-Gb Memory host as a central GNU radio (application client) server and remote GNU Radio desktops in a true “multi-user” computing platform. For those of you who love desktops J this minimizes the requirement to have full GNU radio implementations everywhere, with different versions of the codebase, yet the benefits of UHD will be available in both USB and UDP(Ethernet) environments. And this avoids a virtual machine concept as well – only the screen is remotely displayed.

So, perhaps: one server for a lab: many UHD connections (1:M arrangement) to USRP devices.  Am I more or less correct in this assumption? Any tips from the developers on the latency or synchronization requirements between adjacent UHD nodes?

Regards!