[Discuss-gnuradio] How to integrate the grblock related package to the g

From: Alex Zhang
Subject: [Discuss-gnuradio] How to integrate the grblock related package to the gnuradio?
Date: Tue, 22 Nov 2011 14:01:11 -0600

resend it with subject.

How could I integrate the grblock which is on developing to the gnuradio? In the blog http://sdrblog.wordpress.com/2011/10/31/weekend-coding-adventure-message-passing-new-blocks-and-integrating-grblock/, it is saying the related work has been integrated to josh's next branch. Then I git clone the repository from git://gnuradio.org/jblum.git as described in  http://gnuradio.org/cgit/jblum.git/?h=next.  But the make check under the "next" branch fails when I try to install the gnuradio based on this branch with errors:

-module gnuradio_core_general -o python/gnuradio_core_general.cc -oh python/gnuradio_core_general.h gnuradio_core_general.i
~/jblum/gnuradio-core/src/lib/runtime/gr_tags.i:26: Error: Unable to find 'pmt_swig.i'
make[8]: *** [gnuradio_core_general.py] Error 1

Is there any other way to integrate the grblock related work?

On Tue, Oct 11, 2011 at 4:42 PM, Josh Blum <address@hidden> wrote:

On 10/11/2011 01:51 PM, Yan Nie wrote:
> Dear all
>
> I suppose to use GNURadio on USRP N200 + UHD to build a transmitter
> synchronized with another device used as a receiver via GPS. As
> posted on UHD website, PPS signal feeding in USRP N200 could be used
> for timestamp  synchronization. In the mailing list, it is said such
> tagging interface as timestamp, end of burst is written in C++ at
> some level. I am wondering if this timestamp tag could be used in
> Python by directly calling
> usrp.set_time_unknown_pps(time_spec_t(0.0))? Any response would be
> greatly appreciated!

You can call all usrp.set_time* API calls to set the device time.
However, this has nothing to do with stream tags.
http://files.ettus.com/uhd_docs/manual/html/sync.html#synchronizing-the-device-time

Also, you can use my grblock work to write blocks in python and to
read/write tags. See the examples/tags_demo.py for a use case.
https://github.com/guruofquality/grblock

-Josh