Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Raw Samples from Receiver

From: Marcus D. Leech
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Raw Samples from Receiver
Date: Wed, 30 Nov 2011 18:54:10 -0500

As background, I have 10 32-bit words of "metadata" prefixed to a burst
of complex samples and I need to extract (and remove) them. I noticed
recently that the trunk has some code related to tagging; in your
opinion would the transport of my "metadata" be better done using
tagging or is there an alternative method you can suggest. It is
important that the "metadata" remain associated exactly with the burst
samples.

So, a friendly note that if you're running non-standard firmware/FPGA, you should note that earlier, rather than later, when you're asking for help from this list. 99% of the folks on this list use the as-shipped FPGA/Firmware that
  is compatible directly with gr-uhd/Gnu Radio.

So when a question is asked the "context" that most answerers have is the as-shipped FPGA/Firmware. Which is why I delivered my "lecture" about ADC samples getting mangled by the decimators in the FPGA, and why would you care, etc, etc.

--
Marcus Leech
Principal Investigator