Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] build-gnuradio needs updates

From: Marcus D. Leech
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] build-gnuradio needs updates
Date: Fri, 02 Dec 2011 10:10:05 -0500

On 2-12-2011 10:06 AM, alick wrote:
Hi all,

I am a newcomer here. I previously use the build-gnuradio script to
get a modern version of gnuradio and UHD. The script did a great job.
But I guess some (small) updates are needed.

One is related to udev conf. I saw the warning while booting my OS
(Fedora 14):

Starting udev: udevd[584]: BUS= will be removed in a future udev
version, please use SUBSYSTEM= to match the event device, or SUBSYSTEMS=
to match a parent device, in /etc/udev/rules.d/10-usrp.rules:3

I searched the web and this page[1] suggests that substitution will
work. But I'm not sure.

Another is with the latest Fedora 16. I plan to upgrade my OS in a few
days(maybe just tomorrow), and the current script only supports up to
Fedora 15...

[1] http://sdrblog.wordpress.com/gnuradio-installation/
I don't have any plans to immediately support F16. If you, or someone else, wants to send patches, I'm happy to merge them in. I don't own any F16 systems myself, and don't have immediate plans to upgrade.