Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Please tell me about recommend GPS antena and Hig

From: Ed Criscuolo
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Please tell me about recommend GPS antena and High Frequency Amplifier
Date: Thu, 8 Dec 2011 16:07:53 -0500

In a less mathematical and more qualitative explanation, consider that
at any point in time, one bit of your signal is spread out over a wide
frequency spectrum.  If you think of adding up all of the measurements
of little frequency bins across the whole spread spectrum, the noise
in each bin, being random, will average to zero and cancel out, while
signal, being consistently the same, will add up in one direction.