[Discuss-gnuradio] Bandwidth loss in OFDM with USPR2 N210

From: Lixing Song
Subject: [Discuss-gnuradio] Bandwidth loss in OFDM with USPR2 N210
Date: Fri, 16 Dec 2011 11:23:48 -0600

Hi, guys,

I'm trying to use /ofdm/benchmark_tx.py and /ofdm/benchmark_rx.py in two machines to implement ofdm transmission. But I found there are too heavy packet loss or high BER with lot of '0' print out at the receiver. So I check the signal quality by using the received runing uhd_fft.py to observe the bandwidth. I set 500kbps at the sender with fft-size 512 occupied-tones 200, but I just get a 200k bandwidth at receiver. Then changing the fft-size to 1024 occupied-tones 500, I get a 248k. I wonder if there is anyone who can help me with this.

With the overrun '0' problem, I try to modify the limit.conf but no significant changes. When I modified the file, I was not sure which group I should set. Because this is a computer belong to our university, the domain shows @faculty and @student, I just set the group to student. Does anyone know is this correct?

I will appreciate any help with you guys.

Thanks,
Song