Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Profile data

From: Marcus D. Leech
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Profile data
Date: Tue, 03 Jan 2012 20:02:00 -0500

The uhd_fft.py uses the wxPython GUI interface, which does most of its work in Python. Can you separate the symbols to see more specifically where the processing is happening?

Tom

I asked for symbols when I did the opreport, but for libpython, it didn't produce a by-symbol breakdown, which seemed a bit odd. Any magic
  I need to do in opreport to make that happen?

Wrt: wxPython--don't forget that the FFT display is *heavily* decimated in the typical case, arranging for the FFT to be called only as often as is required the maintain the desired display rate (a few Hz, typically). But maybe that's enough?

--
Marcus Leech
Principal Investigator