Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Building on Mac OSX

From: Michael Dickens
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Building on Mac OSX
Date: Thu, 5 Jan 2012 19:58:33 -0500

On Jan 5, 2012, at 6:32 PM, Arturo Rinaldi wrote:
> could you list the dependencies to install trough macports to build gnuradio
> from source on OS X Lion ? the gnuradio port of macports fails to build.....

port rdeps gnuradio | sed -e "1d" | awk '{ print $1 '} | sort | uniq | grep -v
gnuradio

results in the long appended list.  Many of these are already available on OSX
(10.5 / 6 / 7), but MacPorts generally does not use those.  Some are build
dependencies, but not runtime.  Some are for documentation only.  All of that
said, GNU Radio still has a bunch of dependencies, which in turn have their own
dependencies.  If you have all of the below installed, then the 'cmake' port
has just a single added dependency (libidn). I don't know how many of the below
ports are removed by not including the GNU autotools.

BTW> "real soon now" I'll be bumping the MacPorts ports for GNU Radio to 3.5.0
(or 3.5.1, or .2 -- the latest formal release).  Could be a few weeks, or could
be a few months depending on how my work queue goes.

Xft2
atk
autoconf
automake