[Discuss-gnuradio] Minor policy change for gnuradio.org

From: Tom Rondeau
Subject: [Discuss-gnuradio] Minor policy change for gnuradio.org
Date: Fri, 6 Jan 2012 14:24:54 -0500

I have had to limit the ability to post new issues and comments on existing issues to only those people on gnuradio.org that are members of the GNU Radio project.

This was done to remove spamming on the issues page.

What this means. When you sign up for an account on our Redmine server, you receive an email to confirm. Once that happens, you have a login to gnuradio.org but are not yet a member of a project; what's called, appropriately, a "non-member." To do many things on the website, you have to be a member of that particular project, which means manual intervention by one of the website admins. All that means is that you ping me to make you a member of GNU Radio, at which point you can now post and edit.

We wanted to have bug fixes and ticket tracking open to everyone, but someone had to go and ruin it for everyone. The process isn't a big deal, though, and you can always use guest:gnuradio.

Thanks,
Tom