Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] building under FreeBSD

From: Josh Blum
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] building under FreeBSD
Date: Sat, 07 Jan 2012 16:30:29 -0800

Ok, all of gnuradio from the current master builds on freebsd 8.2 with
all dependencies installed from pkg_add. Now here are the little snags
(mostly relating to the graphical appliances in gnuradio)

1) qtgui tweaks

2) The find qt cmake script is bonkers. This diff makes fixes it, but
was too goofy to commit: http://pastebin.com/13H4qNRe

What this means is the script found and set all the important variables
to build with qt4, and then must have given up towards the end. Applying
1 and 2, gr-qtgui builds.

3) All unit tests pass except for http://gnuradio.org/redmine/issues/481
Although I didnt run qtgui test since that needed an X server.

4) GRC didnt configure on account of this:

[root@ ~/build/gnuradio]# python -c "import gtk"
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "<string>", line 1, in <module>
  File "/usr/local/lib/python2.6/site-packages/gtk-1.2/gtk.py", line 894
    def set_policy(self, as, ag, autos):
SyntaxError: invalid syntax

That as is probably a reserved keyword. This is python 2.6

5) I noticed that when building gnuradio the second time, after
installing, the compiler was building against installed gr headers in
/usr/local/include I noticed this since qtgui was building against the
installed high_res_timer.h with the bug in it and not the in-tree one
that I fixed. Thats got to be a compiler or cmake issue, but I have
never seen this happen on other platforms.