Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] installing GR 3.5.2 on FreeBSD

From: LRK
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] installing GR 3.5.2 on FreeBSD
Date: Tue, 17 Jan 2012 14:30:29 -0600

On Tue, Jan 17, 2012 at 02:10:46PM -0500, Marcus D. Leech wrote:

> >That's an interesting observation that I'll have to see if I can reproduce
> >on my Fedora machines.  May be that the FX2 gets all chummy with the USB
> >bus its connected to, and when you just pull the USB plug without actually
> >power-cycling the USRP1, it can't cope.
> >

> Just did that test.  Latest Gnu Radio + UHD, two different Fedora
> 16-64bit machines, two different mobo (and USB controller) types, CPUs, etc.
>
> So, the way it works is that it compares the hash on the device to the
> hash contained in the appropriate .ihx/.rbf file on the host computer.
>   If they differ, it reloads.  I wonder if the hashes of the .ihx/.rbf
> files differ between your two machines?

Indeed I think they are different. One is running GnuRadio 3.2.2 from a
FreeBSD port and the other the latest git clone. Yours are identical so
you would see the two-step load only if you power down the USRP1 between
runs. See if loading uhd_rx_nogui.py is different from uhd_fft.py.

Again, I'm running the old version only because I can't get the new stuff
running yet.

--
    The computer is supposed to work for YOU, not the other way around.
LRK