Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Building 3.5.1 release with Cmake

From: Tom Rondeau
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Building 3.5.1 release with Cmake
Date: Tue, 24 Jan 2012 10:14:32 -0500

On Tue, Jan 24, 2012 at 10:03 AM, Barry Jackson <address@hidden> wrote:
On 24/01/12 14:05, Tom Rondeau wrote:
On Tue, Jan 24, 2012 at 7:30 AM, Barry Jackson <address@hidden
<mailto:address@hidden>> wrote:

   I would like to use Cmake to build the 3.5.1 release, however the
   tarball has no CMakeLists.txt files.
   The project AFAICT seems generally to be Cmake enabled, is there a
   reason for excluding the tarballs?
   Any help would be appreciated.

Barry,

GNU Radio as of 3.5 is still officially an autotools build project. The
cmake is technically an experimental build, so we don't package it up
with the releases. You can use git and checkout the v3.5.1 tag to get
the latest stable version with cmake.

We should be moving over to cmake-only when we release 3.6.

--
Tom

Tom,
Many thanks - that is just what I need.

This seems to do the job, but please confirm that I have it right, and that there is not a simpler way, as I'm not conversant with git ;)

#!/bin/bash
ver="3.5.1"
name="gnuradio"
git clone http://${name}.org/git/${name}.git
cd ${name}
git checkout v${ver}
git archive --format=tar --prefix=${name}-${ver}/ v${ver} | \
gzip > ../${name}-${ver}.tar.gz

Barry

That looks like it should work. I actually have our Jenkins system auto build and package up the master branch weekly. You can find them under the "Development" heading here:
http://gnuradio.org/redmine/projects/gnuradio/wiki/Download

I use pretty much the same thing you did to tarballs. Just remember that these ones here are based of the latest git HEAD version, not any tagged version, which is why they are development builds.

--
Tom