Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Try to improve E100's performance at high sample

From: Almohanad Fayez
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Try to improve E100's performance at high sample rate
Date: Tue, 24 Jan 2012 13:33:33 -0500 (EST)

I haven't used VOLK with the OMAP processor but from my experience with the E100 every multiplication and/or division in your flowgraph counts ... When I was working on my C64x+ DSP based FM receiver on the E100 I was moving individual blocks 1-by-1 from the GPP to the DSP and almost every multiplication/division on the GPP caused a buffer overflow my impression at least is if you're going for a pure GPP implementation you need to make used of NEOS vector operations and if you're using a DSP based solution you'll need to find a way to speed up the GPP/DSP buffers, which is something I'm hoping to have more time to look into.

Almohanad Fayez
address@hidden