Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Running tunnel.py/benchmark tx.py (OFDM) with XCV

From: Florian Schlembach
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Running tunnel.py/benchmark tx.py (OFDM) with XCVR2450?
Date: Thu, 02 Feb 2012 14:09:50 +0100

The XCVR2450 hardware is incapable of full-duplex operation. It *cannot*
transmit and receive at the same time.

Yes, you are right but consider we are transmitting ping requests just for a very short moment (since they are also containing only 84 bytes) with a frequency of 1 Hz. Hence, we are occupying the channel only for a very short-termed moment.

We have right now in this moment found out or at least got a clue why it isn't running. We have inserted a sleep of roughly 50ms before the self.tb.txpath.send_pkt(payload) in order to give the RX/TX switching some time. The packet is now sent back and the ping request indicates a delay of 56ms (including the sleeping delay of 50ms).

Does anybody has a clue why the RX/TX switching is not established fast enough? Is there some code missing what dictates the UHD interface to switch? In another application using UHD natively we are not experiencing such a strange behavior.