Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Compile-time errors and coredumps disappeared, bu

From: Jiri Pittner
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Compile-time errors and coredumps disappeared, but WBX not accessible
Date: Sun, 5 Feb 2012 23:04:44 +0100 (CET)

Sorry for trivial question - it's my first time with UHD. It works now, thanks.

On Sun, 5 Feb 2012, Marcus D. Leech wrote:

On 02/05/2012 04:43 PM, Jiri Pittner wrote:
 Hi Ben,
 good news - the cmake-built gnuradio does not crash. However, I am not
 completely happy yet: when I try some WFM receive example, it always
 reports "frequency out of range". I have WBX in side A and DBSRX in side B
 of USRP1. uhd_usrp_probe recognizes this well:

You're confusing "--spec" and "-a":

Usage: usrp_wfm_rcv.py [options]

  -h, --help            show this help message and exit
  -a ARGS, --args=ARGS  UHD device address args [default=]
  --spec=SPEC           Subdevice of UHD device where appropriate
  -A ANTENNA, --antenna=ANTENNA
                        select Rx Antenna where appropriate
  -f FREQ, --freq=FREQ  set frequency to FREQ
  -g GAIN, --gain=GAIN  set gain in dB (default is midpoint)
  -V VOLUME, --volume=VOLUME
                        set volume (default is midpoint)
  -O AUDIO_OUTPUT, --audio-output=AUDIO_OUTPUT
                        pcm device name.  E.g., hw:0,0 or surround51 or
  --freq-min=FREQ_MIN   Set a minimum frequency [default=87900000.0]
  --freq-max=FREQ_MAX   Set a maximum frequency [default=108100000.0]

usrp_wfm_rcv.py -a "type=usrp1" -spec "A:0" -A RX2 --freq 92.5e6

Which will use the daughtercard in slot "A" with antenna "RX2" on a "type=usrp1" device.

Marcus Leech
Principal Investigator
Shirleys Bay Radio Astronomy Consortium