Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] how to learn of decimation rate in general_work()

From: Tom Rondeau
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] how to learn of decimation rate in general_work() ?
Date: Wed, 8 Feb 2012 19:12:29 -0500

On Tue, Feb 7, 2012 at 5:37 PM, George Nychis <address@hidden> wrote:

Hey George,

You can use the relative_rate data member of the blocks. Setting the decimation actually sets the relative_rate to 1.0/decimation. You can get this value with the accessor function "relative_rate()".

Hey Tom,

Using this I can get the decimation rate, but is there a way to get the rate of samples from the ADC?  That way I can compute the real clock time in-between samples.  For the USRP2, despite the ADC running running at 400Msps, it's rate through the FPGA is actually 100Msps, right?

Actually, I think the ADC is running at 100 Msps, which I think you can get with the "get_clock_rate(mboard)" method. The rate that they come across is then determined by the decimation rate. You can query sample rate from the USRP via the UHD with the "get_sampl_rate()" method.

Tom