[Discuss-gnuradio] WBX Transmit Power Issue

From: Reginald Cornwallice
Subject: [Discuss-gnuradio] WBX Transmit Power Issue
Date: Fri, 10 Feb 2012 16:30:39 -0500

Hello All,

I'm having an issue with the transmit power on N210 + WBX not being able to reach the spec'd 100 mW on the data sheet.

I'm transmitting a PN sequence at a rate of 1.2 Mchips/second. The values I'm sending to the DAC are +/- 24000 which is a little
bit below the full range of the DAC, but not much. I've set the TX_GAIN parameter to its maximum value of 25.

I measure the output transmit power with a ladybug powermeter and get -15 dBm peak power. This is well below the spec of 20 dBm.
Any ideas out there what could be wrong? Does the tx_gain of 25 set all the gains of the LO, IQ modulator, etc? What is controlled and set by setting set_tx_gain to 25?

Thanks

Reginald