Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] "GNU Radio is crap" and GSoc

From: Rafael Diniz
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] "GNU Radio is crap" and GSoc
Date: Tue, 14 Feb 2012 06:21:18 -0800

I really think that projects like the ones in CGRAN have great value.

The key point in my option is to implement some widely used standards
_using_ the gnuradio framework.
As examples I'd say TV broadcast standards like DVB, ISDB-Tb, radio
standards like DAB, DRM, ..., this will greatly improve Gnuradio adoption
and use, by universities, hobbists and companies.

I don't think money is the only issue involved, but of course it would help.
An university involvement approach like the VT one is also very interesting.

Best regards,
Rafael Diniz