Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Broadcast FM is crap!

From: Andrew Davis
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Broadcast FM is crap!
Date: Sun, 19 Feb 2012 12:46:31 -0500

The is a lot of really cool reasons for the stereo to be the way it
is, check out http://transmitters.tripod.com/stereo.htm  it's an
amazing read.

Also the problem of no stereo signal is probably with modern music,
there is not much difference between L and R anymore, just a single
channel of mass produced noise, so since the're subtractive, silence
is broadcast on the L-R signal, not like days past when Pink Floyd
would fly you though space on both channels!