[Discuss-gnuradio] Undefined symbol on starting grc

From: John Coppens
Subject: [Discuss-gnuradio] Undefined symbol on starting grc
Date: Mon, 20 Feb 2012 12:41:54 -0300

Hi guys,

First time poster...

I wrote a block to read Matlab files, similar to the Wav file importer,
and finally got around to getting all compile errors solved. I receive
up to 50 350 MB Matlab data files per day, and would prefer to have the
format natively readable in gnuradio, so I wrote the code myself.

Only on trying to run the grc, I get the following error:

ImportError:
/usr/local/lib64/python2.6/site-packages/gnuradio/gr/_gnuradio_core_io.so:
undefined symbol: mat_size_of_type

mat_size_of_type is an extern definition of an (int) array with the
sample sizes possible in Matlab data files. It is defined in
gri_matfile.h / .cc

I'm suspecting that I have to declare some dependency somewhere else,
but can't seem to find out where. Or, maybe it's not possible to use
lookup tables? I'm somewhat confused that this problem only surfaces
at run-time.

John