Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Problem cross-compiling version 3.5.1

From: Ben Hilburn
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Problem cross-compiling version 3.5.1
Date: Mon, 20 Feb 2012 10:18:18 -0800

Stefan -

The command listed in that FAQ relies on the use of a CMake toolchain file, which is distributed with GNU Radio.

A recent update (to CMake, possibly), seems to have broken use of the toolchain file -- all of the flags inside of it will get ignored.

Instead of passing the -DCMAKE_TOOLCHAIN_FILE flag, I would recommend copying the flags out of the toolchain file, and put them on the CMake line manually.  Depending on what version of CMake you have, this might be unnecessary - but it is easy to workaround, and this way, you can be sure.

Cheers,
Ben

On Mon, Feb 20, 2012 at 9:04 AM, Stefan Ott <address@hidden> wrote:
On Mon, Feb 20, 2012 at 17:55, Tom Rondeau <address@hidden> wrote:

> Try to use cmake instead of configure to build GNU Radio. Check out the "How
> do I install GNU Radio from source?" section
> on: http://code.ettus.com/redmine/ettus/projects/usrpe1xx/wiki/FAQ.

Ok, thank you, I'll try that.

cheers
--