[Discuss-gnuradio] Duration of Calculations in Python scripts

From: Sebastian Döring
Subject: [Discuss-gnuradio] Duration of Calculations in Python scripts
Date: Thu, 23 Feb 2012 10:39:09 +0100

Hello,

in the context of spectrum sensing in the 2.4 GHz band using a modified version of the usrp_spectrum_sense.py script, I am having problems with high latency times. Since the time for recording samples and all the tuning stuff is supposed to be much less than what I am currently dealing with (something around 88ms between two center frequencies), I was wondering if this might be a problem of some additional calculations the python script is doing with every message I get from the c++ code. In particular these calculations contain summing up the vector I get from the queue of the source and comparing the sum to a previously calculated threshold wrapped into some if-statements

Any statements highly appreciated.

Thanks.
-Sebastian