Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] GNURadio Pre Configured Virtual Image with GUI Fr

From: Alexander List
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] GNURadio Pre Configured Virtual Image with GUI Front End
Date: Mon, 05 Mar 2012 14:42:46 +0800

Ali,

given that you haven't received any responses so far, I guess this means there are not so many people out there who are willing to share their images ;)

It might be useful to create such an image, but in the free software world, you're more likely to find people using KVM or Xen instead of VMware or Parallels.

What exactly is it that you would like to do with GNUradio?

Why does it have to be in a VM instead of directly installing on your Mac (I assume you have a MAC, given that you mention Parallels)?

Are you aware that some stuff you might to do with GNU radio is latency sensitive, so your mileage using a VM might vary...

Alex