Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Segfault

From: Stefan Ott
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Segfault
Date: Thu, 15 Mar 2012 18:02:30 +0100

On Wed, Mar 14, 2012 at 20:51, Philip Balister <address@hidden> wrote:

>> Does anyone have a clue about what I might be doing wrong?
>
> Besides completely voiding the warranty :) :) :)  <- Note smileys, I
> actually enjoy people doing crazy stuff.

:)

> When you say Linux 3.1.0, is that mainline?

Yep (3.1.10, not 3.1.0, in case that matters)

> If you do want to update your kernel to something more recent, try
> starting from here:
>
> http://www.sakoman.com/cgi-bin/gitweb.cgi?p=linux-omap-2.6.git;a=shortlog;h=refs/heads/omap-3.2

The kernel that I'm using seems to work just fine on some other
gumstix nodes but sure, I'll give it a try and see whether anything
changes.

> Finally, there are docs on the web for working out where in the code the
> oops really occurs. Can you try working through that procedure and see
> if it happens in the driver, or elsewhere.

Ok, I'll see whether I can find it and report back once I have more information.

cheers
--
Stefan Ott
Communication and Distributed Systems