Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] detecting spectrum holes

From: Nick Foster
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] detecting spectrum holes
Date: Fri, 23 Mar 2012 11:58:30 -0700

On Fri, Mar 23, 2012 at 11:56 AM, Abdelrahman Ahmed <address@hidden> wrote:

2012/3/23 George Nychis <address@hidden>
Finding white space in the spectrum can be done by looking at power across the bins you are monitoring.  I have done White space research with the USRP2 and the WBX, and they worked out great for me.  So you're on the right track!

Take a look at this work, Section 3.1:

They have a basic technique for detecting white space.  Their paper was not about the TV bands, but the technique should work elsewhere.

Best of luck, and welcome!

- George

ok, now i installed ubuntu from scratch on the two laptops not with windows.

so is there something missing in this installation :

 i used this link in synaptic to install gnuradio packages:

11.10 contains 3.2.2.dfsg-1ubuntu7 (http://packages.ubuntu.com/oneiric/gnuradio)

After successful installation still there is UHD, i installed it through this:

git clone git://code.ettus.com/ettus/uhd.git

cd uhd/host

mkdir build

cd build

cmake ../

make

make test

sudo make install

#Check where your path is with "find |grep libuhd"

export LD_LIBRARY_PATH=$LD_LIBRARY_PATH:/usr/local/lib

i did not do anything else ??

This is an ancient version of Gnuradio. Please use Marcus Leech's "build-gnuradio" script, available here:

http://www.sbrac.org/files/build-gnuradio

Uninstall your Gnuradio with Synaptic first.

--n