Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] installing gnuradio on mint - libboost problem

From: Josh Blum
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] installing gnuradio on mint - libboost problem
Date: Sun, 01 Apr 2012 00:14:09 -0700

On 03/31/2012 11:10 PM, address@hidden wrote:
> Hi,
>
> We are trying to install gnuradio on our home laptop running mint
> 12. ./configure for gnuradio indicates that the boost libraries could not be
> found. After reading the READMEboost, I downloaded the latest boost,
> boost_1_49.tar.bz2. This version of boost uses bootstrap and configure
> to install. The boost lib files are installed:
> /usr/local/boost_1_49_0/lib/library files
>
> include headers are in:
> /usr/local/boost_1_49_0/include/boost/hpp file
>
> I have added:
> export LD_LIBRARY_PATH=$LD_LIBRARY_PATH:/usr/local/boost_1_49_0/lib
>
> Attached are outputs from the .bootstrap and ./configure commands for
> gnuradio.
> Any thoughts suggestions for getting ./configure to see the libboost files?
> Have we
> correctly set the LD_LIBRARY_PATH for our boost lib/include locations

So, LD_LIBRARY_PATH is your system's library search path, its a runtime
thing so it wont help with configuring.

You should have a boost that comes with your system's package manager.
That should be easier to install and the configuration should be more
automatic.

But, If you are going to use a boost installed into a non-standard path,
take a look at the m4 file here:
http://gnuradio.org/cgit/gnuradio.git/tree/config/ax_boost_base.m4
there seem to be options like --with-boost-libdir=

-Josh