[Discuss-gnuradio] Debugging in gnuradio

From: frankist
Subject: [Discuss-gnuradio] Debugging in gnuradio
Date: Wed, 4 Apr 2012 07:07:39 -0700 (PDT)

Hi,

I am having a hard time with a "segmentation fault" error. I am no expert in
python (I just started to use it last week) but I find it difficult to
believe that a segmentation fault error would appear in python code.
However, I am not using any block made by me.

So this is the part of my code where there is an segmentation fault:

def measure_callback(self,kv):
                print "Measuring!!"
                if self.state==SNR_MEASURE:
                        print "Measuring SNR"
                        self.lock()
                        self.disconnect((self.gr_file_source_0, 0),
(self.gr_throttle_0,0), self.fft_sink)
                        self.connect((self.gr_file_source_0, 0),
(self.gr_complex_to_mag_squared_0, 0), (self.gr_moving_average_ff_1, 0),
(self.gr_multiply_const_ff_0, 0), self.pwr_measure)
                        self.unlock()
                        time.sleep(5)
                        snr_val=10*math.log(self.pwr_measure.level())
                        print "SNR measured = ", snr_val
                        self.lock()
                        self.disconnect((self.gr_file_source_0,
0),(self.gr_complex_to_mag_squared_0, 0), (self.gr_moving_average_ff_1, 0),
(self.gr_multiply_const_ff_0, 0), self.pwr_measure)
                        self.connect((self.gr_file_source_0, 0),
self.gr_throttle_0,
self.fft_sink)
                        self.unlock()

So basically I am reading a signal from a file_source and showing its FFT on
a graphical interface. Then when there is a callback from a button I made,
this measure_callback(self,kv) is called and I change my circuit to measure
SNR.

I used some prints and discovered that the "segmentation fault" happens at
"time.sleep(5)". Lol. Furthermore, the error doesn't happen all the times I
run this code.

Unfortunately, I don't know any type of debugging programs for gnuradio (I
don't know if there is one) but it would be very handy because with just a
"Segmentation Fault" message with no traceback it is difficult to know what
to do.

So, any suggestion about what might be causing this problem?

Francisco