[Discuss-gnuradio] IEEE DySPAN 2012: Call for Demonstrations

From: George Nychis
Subject: [Discuss-gnuradio] IEEE DySPAN 2012: Call for Demonstrations
Date: Thu, 5 Apr 2012 13:46:19 -0400

Hey all,

The GNU Radio community is a strong and large one whose area fits great with DySpan, as I'm sure many of you are familiar with.  I've seen so many great demonstrations of various dynamic spectrum access techniques using GNU Radio, and I am hoping that that some strong demos using GNU Radio will show up for DySpan 2012 this year!

Przemysław and I are the demo chairs, and we have a great set of submission reviewers this year (e.g., your very own Tom Rondeau!).

If you've got something awesome to show off and want some great exposure, I strongly suggest you check out the CFD below!

[Apologize if you receive multiple copies of this message]
[Please feel free to forward this CFP to your contacts]

-----------------------------

IEEE DySPAN 2012: Call for Demonstrations
IEEE SYMPOSIUM ON NEW FRONTIERS IN DYNAMIC SPECTRUM ACCESS NETWORKS
(DySPAN 2012) 16 - 19 October 2012, Bellevue, WA, USA
http://www.ieee-dyspan.org/2012/

This is a call for proposals to demonstrate systems, prototypes,
critical technology components and algorithms at IEEE DySPAN 2012,
which will be held in Bellevue, WA, USA, between 16 and 19 October,
2012.

IEEE DySPAN 2012 will provide the opportunity to conduct live
demonstrations of dynamic spectrum systems. The event will offer an
invaluable opportunity to demonstrate and interact with other
world-leading researchers in the field of dynamic spectrum access.
Apart from demonstrations performed by participating groups, IEEE
DySPAN 2012 will create a unique opportunity to conduct experiments.
These include (but are not limited to) spectral occupancy measurements, and co-existence and system interaction measurements.

To participate in the demonstration and experimentation activities,
candidates shall complete the demonstration form (available at
http://www.ieee-dyspan.org/2012/cfpdemonstrations.html) to provide a description of the planned demonstration and/or experimentation. The form must be sent before submission deadline via https://moo.cmcl.cs.cmu.edu/dyspan12demos. All submissions will be peer-reviewed to ensure quality.

In addition to the demonstration form, prospective demo presenters
must submit a 2-page IEEE conference style paper describing the demonstration and results. The papers will be reviewed by the demo committee selected by IEEE DySPAN demo chairs, and the review results of the paper will have impact on the final decision in accepting demonstrations. To submit a demo paper, please go to again to https://moo.cmcl.cs.cmu.edu/dyspan12demos. Accepted demo papers will be included in IEEE DySPAN proceedings and IEEE eXplore.

Important Dates:
Paper Submissions Due: 18 May 2012
Acceptance Notification: 27 July 2012
Camera-Ready Paper Due: 17 August 2012

For enquiries, please contact DySPAN 2012 Demonstration Chairs.

Best Regards,
IEEE DySPAN 2012 Demo Chairs

George Nychis, Carnegie Mellon University, Pittsburg, PA, USA (address@hidden)
Przemyslaw Pawelczak, Fraunhofer Heinrich Hertz Institute, Berlin,
Germany (address@hidden)