[Discuss-gnuradio] USRP inserts a peak in the carrier frequency

From: frankist
Subject: [Discuss-gnuradio] USRP inserts a peak in the carrier frequency
Date: Sat, 7 Apr 2012 07:12:11 -0700 (PDT)

I am using GNU Radio for 2 weeks. I always get in the receiver side a signal
with a peak in the carrier frequency when I turn on the transmitter even if
I send a signal made of zeros. You can see it in the picture

In spite of being handy to discover the frequency offset of my signal, it is
influencing my results when I try to measure the power of the received
signal. I thought this was the DC offset, but I read somewhere that USRP2
eliminates the DC Offset.

So, do you know what it is and how to remove it?