Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] make test failures on master branch

From: Justin Ford
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] make test failures on master branch
Date: Mon, 9 Apr 2012 16:16:04 -0600

> Absolutely.  I'm also concerned I have some underlying platform issue.

Thanks for working with me, Josh.  Today I gave up and went to RHEL 6.
 The build went fine.  Hopefully the rest of what I indend to do will
work well on this "new" OS.  Should have probable started here...too
many out of date dependencies on RHEL 5.

$ cat /proc/version
Linux version 2.6.32-220.el6.x86_64
(address@hidden) (gcc version 4.4.5 20110214
(Red Hat 4.4.5-6) (GCC) ) #1 SMP Wed Nov 9 08:03:13 EST 2011

$ cat /etc/redhat-release
Red Hat Enterprise Linux Workstation release 6.2 (Santiago)

$ git show
commit 779d8c67ae520ab76198019e656c86c88281719d
Merge: 3de14a2 c7139a7
Author: Johnathan Corgan <address@hidden>
Date:   Mon Apr 9 14:10:26 2012 -0700

$ make test
100% tests passed, 0 tests failed out of 101

In case it helps someone, these packages from RHEL and EPEL will cover
the dependencies for UHD and GR (listed by yum package name):
boost*
cmake
cppunit*
fftw
fftw-devel
fftw-static
git-all
gsl*
guile*
libusb*
orc*
pcre*
python-docutils
pygtk*
PyQt4*
PyQwt*
pyxdg
qt*
qwt*
sdcc*
wxPython*
xdg-utils

With those in place, both the UHD and GR latest master git branches built today.

Justin