Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] PROBLEM WITH USRP1 (A newer problem)

From: Josh Blum
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] PROBLEM WITH USRP1 (A newer problem)
Date: Fri, 13 Apr 2012 08:15:53 -0700

> We tried to introduce a channel model instead of the USRPs in our system,
> and we think that the problem is in the frequency offset. When frequency
> offset of the channel model is zero, everything is safe. When it is
> increased a little, the scope displays nothing.
>
> If you really think that the problem is in the frequency offset, please let
> us know how to combat that problem!

Have you observed the received spectrum? Is there an offset?

http://gnuradio.org/redmine/projects/gnuradio/wiki/FAQ#I-have-two-USRPs-and-when-I-transmit-on-one-and-receive-on-the-other-at-the-same-frequency-I-get-an-offset

Also, you can just increase the symbol rate. So, despite the frequency
shift, your signal still makes it into the demodulator's passband.

-Josh