[Discuss-gnuradio] help

From: Derrick Ho
Subject: [Discuss-gnuradio] help
Date: Wed, 18 Apr 2012 12:07:53 -0700

I am running ubuntu 11.10  on VMWARE FUSION (on OSX 10.7) and I have installed
gnuradio 3.5.3
we have two laptops, each with their own usrp.  They are connected to the usrp
via USB.
We are trying to sent a packet of data but there appears to be a usb problem.

The other computer runs the "./benchmark_tx.py" program and sends it to the
usrp and sends it wirelessly to the air.

My computer has the same set up except I am using "./benchmark_rx.py" in an
attempt to receive the stuff
from the "benchmark_tx.py"

It tells me that the USB is lacking the proper permissions.  The program begins
running and none the the data is received.

What can be done about the permissions problem?

I have tried installing ubuntu as a separate partition on my mac, by following
the instructions on the ubuntu website.  It doesn't work, so VMWARE fusion is
the only way I can get ubuntu to work.

ps.
I've tried installing gnuradio 3.3.3 via macports (on an OSX 10.6 parition).
when running "./benchmark_rx.py -R B -f 2.45G" I get a different error.  A real
time scheduling error.  No idea what that means.

Tried adding sudo (ie. "sudo ./benchmark_rx.py -R B -f 2.45G") and found a
different error.  It claims that module gnuradio does not exist.

I've checked the ".profile" file that macports created, and added the paths
specified on this website
(http://www.oz9aec.net/index.php/gnu-radio/gnu-radio-blog/373-gnu-radio-330-on-mac-os-x)

i've tried running python in terminal and entering "from gnuradio import gru"
and it doesn't complain about anything.

I would really appreciate some help.  Hope to hear back from you soon

--Derrick Ho