Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] digital_correlate_access_code_bb

From: Nowlan, Sean
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] digital_correlate_access_code_bb
Date: Thu, 19 Apr 2012 15:35:09 +0000

Good question. I've dealt with this in some of my work too. I needed to pass a
spread code through python to a spreading block, and at times I needed codes
longer than 64 bits. I ended up passing hexadecimal numbers (stored in a
string) and then converting ascii to binary with a helper function called from
the constructor in the spreading block. Upside: short length to represent a
long sequence as a command line argument; downside: needed to pass a second
parameter specifying the width of the spread code, since it's ambiguous how
many bits are valid in the most significant hex digit.

Is there another type of container that makes sense for this? I think we might
be stuck with string. Another way is to store codes of arbitrary length in a
file and pass the filename as an argument to the block constructor. Finally,
there's std::bitset (or boost::dynamic_bitset) but I haven't looked into how
SWIG and Python handle those.