Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] benchmark_tx.py BPSK Signal Details

From: Alick Zhao
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] benchmark_tx.py BPSK Signal Details
Date: Thu, 26 Apr 2012 23:04:01 +0800

On Thu, 26 Apr 2012 10:05:41 +0200, Sebastian Döring wrote:
> Hello all,
>
> I want to know how I could possibly find out the complete details about
> the BPSK-Signal generated by the benchmark_tx.py GNU Radio script.
> Should I look at the code and at which file respectively?
>
> Thanks in advance.
>
> -Sebastian-

I assume you are talking about the benchmark_tx.py under narrowband/
directory.  With my (limited) experience with it, I can tell that it
depends on code in transmit_path.py under the same directory. The
packets related function can be found at gr-digital/python/{pkt.py and
packet_utils.py}. As with the modulation, it utilizes the code in
gr-digital/python/generic_mod_demod.py. So have a look at these files
you will get some more information about how the blocks are connected.
When you want to know the implementation/algorithm of blocks, you will
need to look into the C++ code (under lib/ and include/ directory).

Besides, the benchmark_tx.py script has a option '--log', which can be
used to dump the output data of some blocks into files. You can then use
Octave/Matlab to read these data files and play with them(by plotting,
etc). To read the data files into Octave vectors you can use functions
described here.[1]

[1] http://gnuradio.org/redmine/projects/gnuradio/wiki/Octave

--
alick