[Discuss-gnuradio] Presentation: GNSS Receiver on GNU Radio. GSoC projec

From: luis
Subject: [Discuss-gnuradio] Presentation: GNSS Receiver on GNU Radio. GSoC project.
Date: Fri, 27 Apr 2012 11:14:30 +0200

Dear all
I am Luis Esteve, I am finishing my MCs thesis in Telecommunication Engineering at Universitat Politècnica de Catalunya, in Barcelona, Spain

My proposal "GNSS Receiver on GNU Radio" has been accepted for the Google Summer of Code (GSoC). The project is related to the implementation of acquisition, tracking and demodulation algorithms for a Galileo software receiver under the GNSS-SDR project (www.gnss-sdr.org).

I want to thank the effort made by the GNU Radio team in the acceptation of the proposal, and specially my mentor at CTTC, Carles Fernandez.

I have been working on gnss-sdr software for the last 2 years. Signal processing blocks in GNSS-SDR are GNU Radio blocks and thus the development of GNSS-SDR contributes to the development of GNU Radio.

The deliverables of the project are a set of functions and classes for different blocks of the receiver to be added to the repository gnss-sdr on SourceForge (http://sourceforge.net/projects/gnss-sdr/), these deliverables are scheduled to be finished in the approximate dates:
June 21: A set of tests for all the blocks.
July 13: Acquisition block for the Galileo Receiver.
July 21: Tracking block for the Galileo Receiver.
August 3: Data message demodulation block for the Galileo Reciever.
More details about the proposal can be found here http://gnuradio.org/redmine/projects/gnuradio/wiki/GSoC
and here http://www.google-melange.com/gsoc/proposal/review/google/gsoc2012/lesteve/1
I will keep the community informed about the progress of the project and I look forward any feedback from you all.
Best regards,
Luis