Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] aUaUaUaUaUaU and requested rx frequency not suppo

From: mleech
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] aUaUaUaUaUaU and requested rx frequency not supported problem
Date: Fri, 11 May 2012 13:34:19 -0400

On Fri, 11 May 2012 19:08:38 +0200 (CEST), address@hidden wrote:

Hi Everybody,
I am using USRP with daugherboard of range 1MHz to 250MHz. I am running
the program with gnu-radio 3.6.0 on Ubuntu 11.10. I am trying to run the
basic fm receiver program as shown in the video.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KWeY2yqwVA0

Whenever I try to execute the code, I get following things on grc. I have
double checked that the daughterboard works for the range. When I see the
fft plot of the received signal I see that I have just noise all around.
The hardware does not support the requested RX frequency:
   Target frequency: 100.000000 MHz
   Actual frequency: -28.000000 MHz
aUaUaUaUaUaUaUaUaUaUaUaUaUaUaUaUaUaUaUaUaUaUaUaUaUaUaUaUaUaUaUaUaUaUaUaUaUaUaUaUaUaUaUaUaUaUaUaUaUaUaUaUaUaUaUaUaUaUaUaU

I have also tried to see if the antenna choices are correct. I checked it
with uhd_usrp_probe
The important part of the result was
  RX Subdev: AB
|   |   |   |   Name: Basic RX (0x0001) - AB
|   |   |   |   Antennas:
|   |   |   |   Sensors:
|   |   |   |   Freq range: -250.000 to 250.000 Mhz
|   |   |   |   Gain Elements: None
|   |   |   |   Connection Type: IQ
|   |   |   |   Uses LO offset: No
|   |   |     _____________________________________________________
|   |   |    /
|   |   |   |       RX Subdev: BA
|   |   |   |   Name: Basic RX (0x0001) - BA
|   |   |   |   Antennas:
|   |   |   |   Sensors:
|   |   |   |   Freq range: -250.000 to 250.000 Mhz
|   |   |   |   Gain Elements: None
|   |   |   |   Connection Type: QI
|   |   |   |   Uses LO offset: No

So, when I try to work with uhd_fft. I got same problem with following
results
uhd_fft --spec B:AB

linux; GNU C++ version 4.6.1; Boost_104601; UHD_003.004.001-39-unstable

-- Opening a USRP1 device...
-- Using FPGA clock rate of 64.000000MHz...
Using Volk machine: ssse3_64

UHD Warning:
   The hardware does not support the requested RX frequency:
   Target frequency: 100.000000 MHz
   Actual frequency: -28.000000 MHz

Could you help me out here?
Thanks in advance.