Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] patch to make FindQwt.cmake work on OpenSuse 12.1

From: Josh Blum
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] patch to make FindQwt.cmake work on OpenSuse 12.1
Date: Sun, 13 May 2012 10:56:13 -0700

On 05/13/2012 08:49 AM, Tom Rondeau wrote:
> On Sat, May 12, 2012 at 5:07 PM, Kire Pudsje <address@hidden> wrote:
>> I tried to install gnuradio from git on my machine. The only problem I
>> encountered is that the qwt library could not be found (ie. gr-qtgui
>> was disabled). Attached is a patch, to solve this problem. It includes
>> the /usr/lib64 directory and qwt5 library.
>
> Hi Kire,
>
> I have a bit of heartburn over constantly adding new directories to
> look for QWT libraries. It seems like we would just be introducing a
> new directory for every platform we want to work on.
>
> The alternative way is to handle it by passing the directories to
> cmake via the command line:
>
> cmake -DQWT_INCLUDE_DIRS=/usr/include/qwt5
>
> Since the library is in /usr/lib64, you don't need to tell cmake this,
> since it's a standard library path already.

Theres not PC file for qwt it seems. So we dont have the advantage of
knowing the correct library and include paths. So a list is somewhat
necessary. There there are qwt5 and qwt4 specific directories, but maybe
on some systems.

/usr/lib64 may be the install library path for all x64 redhat systems,
but its missing from the list. Has anyone configured gnuradio with qwt
on fedora x64 for example (without specifying manually).

I would recommend replacing the lists there with the paths actually used
by fedora* and ubuntu* systems. The other deb and rpm distros will
probably fall into one of those two categories.

My ubuntu x64 11.10 is using /usr/include/qwt-qt4/
/usr/lib/libqwt-qt4.so, but thats already in there.

File in question for reference:
http://gnuradio.org/cgit/gnuradio.git/tree/cmake/Modules/FindQwt.cmake

Dont think /sw is a common install prefix.

-Josh