[Discuss-gnuradio] Mono-Pulse for GRC 3.6.0

From: Michael Hill
Subject: [Discuss-gnuradio] Mono-Pulse for GRC 3.6.0
Date: Mon, 11 Jun 2012 17:42:52 +0930

Hi,

I'm quite new to Linux / GNU Radio / these lists and am looking to generate Signal Pulses.
It seems that gnuradio-radar-mono.py would be ideal for this but wasn't installed with my GRC 3.6
nor has it been updated for a long time. According to the documentation it requires a custom FPGA build to get working?

If I try to install it i suddenly can't run GNU Radio 3.6.0 but I get an error:
grc Traceback (most recent call last): File "./grc", line 45, in <module> """%gr.version() AttributeError: 'module' object has no attribute 'version' ...

From what I've read I need do an sudo make install but I found the gnuradio-mono-py as an update that I installed via Synaptic.

I'm not quite sure where I should be directing my efforts
e.g.
Is the update of gnuradio-radar-mono.py in a easy installable cmake form somewhere?
Is it compatible at all wit 3.6.0?
Has this functionality been surpassed by other functions in GNU Radio or discarded?
Is it true that i'll need to a custom FPGA build?

I'm a bit confused,

Thanks in advance,

-Michael