Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Complex square wave source

From: Tom Rondeau
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Complex square wave source
Date: Wed, 20 Jun 2012 22:20:27 -0400

On Tue, Jun 19, 2012 at 9:21 PM, Josh Blum <address@hidden> wrote:

>> So, I don't actually care what the square wave source emits if there's a
>> reason for it, but was there a reason it was implemented as a delayed
>> square wave rather than the analytic representation? Is there actually a
>> use for complex square/saw/triangle wave sources? Am I just causing trouble
>> and it's way too late to be changing the behavior of this block?
>>

> Some total nOOb added the triangle, square, sawtooth waveforms to signal
> source. There was a spot to fill in the complex versions of these
> waveforms, so it just kind of got filled in... doesnt mean much.
>
> My only regret was not making ramp function cross 0.
>
> -josh

Yeah, seems like it was the easiest solution to build. I'm sure we can
update it to be a real analytic signal (although, using a Hilbert
filter for the transform doesn't perform a _real_ Hilbert transform
since it's limited by the filter representation of it).

If there's a useful patch for this, send it along!

Tom