[Discuss-gnuradio] Limit on file_sources in GRC ?

From: John Shields
Subject: [Discuss-gnuradio] Limit on file_sources in GRC ?
Date: Sat, 23 Jun 2012 13:10:27 +1200

Ubuntu 12.04 LTS, GNU Radio 3.6.1git-2-g2c7ea132 (on i7).

I have a simple GRC flow with a couple of file sources - these are FIFOs. I have a separate application which will simulate various antenna configurations and it attempts to open both of these FIFOs in O_WRONLY|O_NONBLOCK . As the FIFO's are Write, the other end needs to be 'reading' in order that I don't get "No such device or address". I accomplish this by starting the GRC flow.The separate application attempts to open the FIFO's if unsuccessful 10 times.

With either of the source files, only, enabled in GRC, I can get that FIFO open first time from the application but cannot get them both to open.

Is there a limit on the # of file sources in GRC which is leading to this behaviour?

          Kind Regards,

                       John