Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] LTE and DVB-T signals

From: J Mc
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] LTE and DVB-T signals
Date: Mon, 2 Jul 2012 19:28:33 +0000

Isabella,

I do not believe the OFDM mod block will provide you with what you need, both DVB-T and LTE follow a highly defined structure that defines pilot symbols and resource scrambling/user mapping that I doubt the OFDM block can emulate without significant modification. If this only has to be "DVB-T/LTE Like" then you could certainly make the statement that occupied tones is relative to occupied subcarriers etc... however it will not work with real hardware. What you could do is develop a non-realtime cell-wide LTE/DVB-T demodulator but even then that isn't a completely simple task, just simpler than a transmitter.

Regards,
John