Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] building gnuradio - those annoying swig doc error

From: Johnathan Corgan
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] building gnuradio - those annoying swig doc errors
Date: Tue, 3 Jul 2012 14:35:41 -0700

On Tue, Jul 3, 2012 at 2:11 PM, Josh Blum <address@hidden> wrote:

Ever build gnuradio with a lot of -j* and catch some error like "swig
doc generation failed, retrying..."? I believe this is a dependency
specification issue with the build system. Well, I think that I have
fixed it...

For those interested, give my josh_build_work branch a try
branch is josh_build_work on git://gnuradio.org/jblum.git
http://gnuradio.org/cgit/jblum.git/log/?h=josh_build_work

Let me know if the problem goes away for you too.
Feedback on this will be very helpful. Thanks!

Awesome stuff.

I cherry-picked the relevant commits onto a test branch based off maint instead of master.  There were a couple minor conflicts easily fixed.  So far -j8 works fine, and I'm testing -j now.

This has been pushed to branch 'test-doc-fix-maint' on the main GNU Radio repository, for easier testing.

Johnathan